I'm excited that you are interested in joining the Boudoir by Nomi community.
Boudoir by Nomi is NYC's most female-empowered and fashion-forward boudoir photography studio. My Great-Grandmother was a bra fitter on the Upper West Side of Manhattan until she was 95. She taught me how lingerie can help women feel and look better. I love being able to express what she taught me through the lens of photography. With every shoot, I focus on creating a pampered and easygoing atmosphere so we can create images that highlight the most important person, YOU.
Frequently Asked Questions:
2) Do you provide the outfits? You are welcome to bring any lingerie with you. We do have a select number of lingerie pieces, accessories, and vintage fur jackets available for use. Boudoir by Nomi also offers lingerie styling at lingerie shops in both Manhattan and Brooklyn. Lingerie styling sessions are available on certain days of the week. Contact us for exclusive Boudoir by Nomi lingerie deals.
3) Do you help me with posing? Absolutely! Nomi first demonstrates all the poses for clients to make it seamless experience.
4) Are my photos private? Absolutely, again! Most photos taken at Boudoir by Nomi are never seen beyond who the client allows. Photos on this website/social media are generously allowed by clients through a waiver signed during the shoot.
5) When do I view my photos? After the photo shoot there is a same day viewing session where you select your favorites and view options to print and present your images. You also receive a password protected online gallery with the top 20 images from your shoot that day.
6) When do I receive my photos? You receive your retouched images within a week of your shoot. Albums and other specialty items are received within 3-4 weeks. Rush options are available.
7) What does "retouched images" mean? When photos are retouched extra care has been given to make sure the skin is glowing and items like tags are removed. Boudoir by Nomi is dedicated to putting clients in poses that are flattering so retouched images are like icing on the cake! Special requests for slimmer lines are taken on a case-by-case basis.
8) Where do shoots take place? Boudoir by Nomi operates out of a 1,500 square foot private loft in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, near attractions such as the Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Special arrangements can be made for on-location shoots and are welcomed!
9) Do you offer couple shoots or bachelorette parties? Yes! These special experiences are an awesome way to document you/your significant other/friends. Each person is photographed individually and then together. Contact us for more information!
10) Who does hair and makeup? Do I need to have hair and makeup done professionally for my shoot? Boudoir by Nomi hair and makeup artists are vetted by Nomi for artistry, professionalism, and expertise to create your desired look. Boudoir by Nomi believes hair and makeup is a special way to prepare and get in the mood for your boudoir shoot. In no way is it necessary in order to do a shoot.
11) What should I bring to the shoot? Any lingerie, accessories, and shoes you would like photographed. The more, the better! We will finalize each outfit at your shoot.
I understand that there may be other questions on your mind before booking a shoot! Feel free to e-mail or call and we can't wait to answer your questions.